Problem Solving and Decision Making
Why is it that some people find it easy to solve tough problems with simple solutions while others find this feat nearly impossible? You’ve no doubt looked at solutions to problems and said, “I should have thought of that.” But you didn’t. The answer is not just creativity, although that certainly helps. Rather, the power to find these creative solutions lies in our ability to search for and find facts that relate to the situation, and put them together in ways that work. As an individual, your facts and knowledge can only go so far. By tapping into the knowledge of others (staff, colleagues, family, or friends), you can expand the range of solutions available to you.
If you are tired of applying dead-end solutions to recurring problems in your company, this program should help you reconstruct your efforts and learn new ways to approach problem solving, and develop practical ways to solve some of your most pressing problems and reach win-win decisions.
- Increase your awareness of problem solving steps and problem solving tools.
- Distinguish root causes from symptoms to identify the right solution for the right problem.
- Improve your problem solving and decision making skills through identifying your own problem solving style.
- Identify ways to think creatively and work towards creative solutions.
- Recognize the top ten rules of good decision-making.